Advanced Sharing for Multiple OperatorsThe global wireless industry market is projected to grow from 3.3 billion to an estimated 5.1 billion people by 2011. To meet those challenges, wireless service providers must:
- Scale networks efficiently
- Reduce capital intensity and improve operating efficiency
- Rapidly roll-out new services and newly acquired spectrum
- Support multiple air interfaces, e.g. evolution from 2G to 3G to 4G
In response, wireless operators, tower companies and regulators are sharing sites which scale networks more efficiently relative to technology, economics, and the environment. Wireless operators can lower operating costs and rapidly deploy new services by sharing infrastructure. Additionally, mobile tower companies are able to extend the useful life of existing infrastructure assets without significant capital outlays for site redevelopment.
Quintel optimizes the most services on a single multiport antenna, each with independent control. Unlike conventional sharing options that sacrifice height gain or consolidation possibilities, Quintel’s operator sharing solution optimizes both. The Quintel MultiServ antennas provide the highest capacity and coverage with the lowest operating and capital costs.
- Maximum number of shared sites including sites previously considered unsharable
- Reduced capital expense, e.g. construction, backhaul, and antenna components
- Minimum operating expenses, e.g. rentals, backhaul, and maintenance
- Independent control between operators
- Telecom tower OPEX reduction
- Access to high-value sites and locations
Quintel provides sharing operators with a cost-effective alternative to deploying multiple antennas or
redeveloping sites. Quintel MultiServ solutions can be deployed at lower cost, in less time and
uncertainty—resulting in earlier revenues, amore environmentally responsible outcome, and more independent control of service. Deployments in Europe and India are proving measurable results in height gain, increased antenna capacity and cost savings for both initial capital investments and recurring operating expenses.
Now learn how Quintel is delivering unprecedented tower utilization and network site reduction with antenna sharing solutions for 5 operators in India. Case Study.