(collectively the "Service"). By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes to our Policy, we will post a new policy on our web site and update the "last updated" date set forth above. Therefore, we encourage you to check our Policy whenever you use the Service to see if it has been updated since your last visit.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect two basic types of information with our Service, namely personal information and aggregate information. Personal information is information that is directly associated with a specific person or entity such as a user's name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
Our definition of personal information does not include "aggregate" information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed, which may include demographic information. In other words, information on how you use our Service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our user's needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Service. We may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand and improve our Service, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Those are the types of personal and other information we collect. You should refer to the rest of this Policy to see how we use, disclose and protect this information:
Information You Give Us
We collect information you give us at various times when you register with us and use our Service. Examples include the following:
No Information About Children
- Registration and Transaction Information. When you register to use the Service, we may collect various kinds of contact information about you including, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time-to-time we may post surveys, contests or sweepstakes on our Service, which may request demographic information and customer feedback. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary and with each request you will have the choice of whether or not to participate and disclose information. Also, we may collect information that identifies you personally when you send us comments, questions or suggestions, or if you send to us job applications, resumes, or other business-related contacts.
Our Service is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13; we do not knowingly, directly or passively, collect information from children under the age of 13. If we create offers and products that make it appropriate to collect information from children under the age of 13, we will notify you of the change in this Policy.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Internal Use of Personal Information
In general, we use personal information internally to serve our users and enable them to take maximum advantage of our Service. To this end, we create a database from the information we collect. We then use this information to provide services or complete transactions you have requested, to anticipate and resolve problems with our Service, to respond to customer support inquiries, to create and inform you of new products and services from Quintel that better meet your needs, and to customize our service based on your needs. We also use this information for marketing analysis and to perform direct marketing. We may also correlate this information with information collected from one of our partners to measure various variables, including usage data. By registering with our Service, you give consent for us to communicate with you at any of the contact points you provide to us for any of the aforementioned purposes.
Your personal information is retained indefinitely and archived copies are maintained for a period of five to ten years. You should review the following section to understand when Quintel discloses personal information to non-affiliated third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies without your prior consent except (i) as necessary to complete a transaction you have requested, (ii) as necessary to perform internal analyses and business functions, (iii) as part of a business transfer, or (iv) when required by law or permitted to protect our rights, property, or safety. The following section describes these disclosure circumstances more fully.
- Consent. Unless you choose to do so, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties so that they may provide you with products and services that you have requested.
- Transaction Processing and Business Functions. We may share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business, or who assist us in processing and completing transactions for products and services that you have requested. In the event that we use third-party vendors to assist us in performing these functions, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
- Internal Analysis. We may use information about you for our own internal purposes; such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns as well as to understand demographic, customer interest, and other trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks.
- Business Transfers: Information about our users and the Service is one of our most important business assets. Therefore, information about our users, including personal information, will be disclosed as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business to provide the Service or fulfill products, sale or pledge of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- Protection of Quintel and Others: We may release personal information in the good faith belief that release is appropriate and necessary to comply with legal process or authority (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect our rights, property, or personal safety of Quintel, our users, our employees, or the public; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
Please be aware that we provide links to third-party Web sites from the Service as a service to our users and we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. Please also note that these Web sites' privacy policies will differ from those of Quintel. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information or visiting their sites.
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information. While we have taken efforts to guard your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of our Service, you may view or correct your personal information, verify the accuracy of your personal information, remove or delete your personal information, or simply be deleted entirely from our database. Please be aware, however, that any personal information you may make publicly accessible on or through the Service may not be altered. Accordingly, please be careful when making any personal information available to the public.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your subscription to our Service, such as customer service responses and other administrative messages.
Please note that your personal information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United States. The laws on holding personal data in the United States may be less stringent than the laws of your country. If you object to your personal information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not register for the Service.
UPDATING THIS POLICY
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We do not provide your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at the contact point below. Please reference your request as "California Disclosure Information."
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, the privacy practices of the Service, or your dealings with Quintel, please contact us at: email@example.com